In total I read 8 books, DNF’d 1, & bought 6 books!
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber (4.5 ⭐)
- I was entranced with this book and it gave me such a book hangover. It would have been a five star read if the main character wasn’t so annoying.
- Grace and Fury by Tracy Banghart (3.5 ⭐)
- The more I think about this book, the more I feel about lowering my rating. It felt like I was reading a rewrite of The Hunger Games and Red Queen.
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff (5 ⭐)
- I’m so glad this book lived up to the hype. I love it so much just AMAZING. Everyone should read it and if you can get your hands on the audiobook as well, I HIGHLY recommend listening along.
- The Lady’s Guide to Petticoats and Piracy by Mackenzi Lee (4 ⭐) | RTC
- This book is is so inspirational and has a diverse cast of characters. I loved it so much, but I just wish there was a little bit more action.
- Nevernight (Audiobook & no rating) | no review
- I’m not going to rate this until I actually read it, because if I’m honest I fell asleep quite a bit while listening so I think I missed out on a lot.
- Gemina by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff (4 ⭐) | RTC
- This was still an interesting read, but I didn’t feel as much of a connection to the characters and the plot like I did when reading Illuminae.
- Obsidio by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff (5 ⭐) | RTC
- This was an amazing ending to The Illuminae Files! I loved it so much.
- Legendary by Stephanie Garber (4.75 ⭐) | RTC
- It was definitely darker than Caraval and I enjoyed it so much more than Caraval as well, but there are some things that bothered me that stopped me from giving it 5 stars though.
- The Trouble with Unicorns by D.T Dyllin (no rating | DNF @ 61%) | RTC
- This book just wasn’t my cup of tea.
BOOKS I BOUGHT: