Down the TBR Hole was created by Lost in a Story. Its purpose is to help narrow down your TBR list on Goodreads by selecting 5 titles each week and deciding if you want to keep it on your TBR or get rid of it! I saw this on A Court of Crowns and Quills and thought it would be a great idea since my Goodreads TBR is WAY TOO LONG!
Here’s how it works:
- Go to your goodreads to-read shelf.
- Order on ascending date added.
- Take the first 5 (or 10 if you’re feeling adventurous) books
- Read the synopses of the books
- Decide: keep it or should it go?
1. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
I’ve heard so much about this book, but I guess I just never got to it. I don’t really read that much Sci-Fi, but it looks like a short read with a ton of good ratings though so I will probably read it eventually.
2. The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers
Now on the other hand, this is a loooong sci-fi novel, which I probably will not get to. I’m also not that interested from the synopsis either, but I think I added it awhile back because it was recommended to me.
3. The Rules Do Not Apply by Ariel Levy
From reading the synopsis, this is unlike my usual reads. It is a nonfiction autobiography, but it sounds intriguing since it’s her life story after hitting rock bottom.
4. Alanna: The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce
This sounds interesting and some of my favorite authors gave it five stars, so I’ll probably read it at some point, but I don’t think anytime soon still.
5. Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch by Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman
Hm, it doesn’t sound like something I would want to read anymore. I have a feeling this was another book that may have been recommended to be once upon a time, but I just never felt like picking up and probably never will.
Out of these books, do you think I should have made a different decision? Let me know in the comments below if you agree or disagree. 🙂
Feel free to add me on Goodreads here.